NSEDC will issue a $575 Energy Subsidy in 2023 to every eligible household in its 15 member communities. Applications open on February 9 are are due by March 17, 2023.
To receive the electric utility energy subsidy, households must sign up by one of the following methods:
- Filling out and submitting the form below (preferred)
- Printing a paper application and submitting to Amanda Patrick at email@example.com,
- Obtaining a printed form from your community’s pick-up/drop-off location or liaison and submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSEDC strongly recommends that residents use the online form below to submit their application. Respondents should receive a confirmation e-mail after submitting their application. If you do not receive confirmation, please contact NSEDC.
- Residents who are in a rental situation and do not have their own electric utility account are eligible to participate in the Energy Subsidy by completing and submitting the Landlord/Tenant form. Please note that both the landlord and tenant must sign the form. The Landlord/Tenant form can be downloaded and printed from the links below or picked up from your community liaison (communities outside of Nome) or at the NJUS downtown office. Completed forms may be dropped off at your local pick-up/drop-off location or may be emailed to Amanda Patrick at email@example.com.
- Only one subsidy will be provided to each eligible resident household in NSEDC member communities. The subsidy is not available for second homes, outbuildings, cabins or camps.
- The subsidy is only available to current NSEDC member community residents. The subsidy is not available to former residents who may still maintain a house in an NSEDC member community.
- Member community residents who live off the electric power grid and do not have an electric utility account will be given the opportunity to receive a $575 heating fuel credit. Please use this form to apply for the non-electric subsidy or contact your local liaison or Amanda Patrick at (888) 650-2477 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the proper form.