The 2021 NSEDC Energy Subsidy application is available online
UNALAKLEET—Norton Sound Economic Development Corporation’s (NSEDC) Board of Directors is pleased to announce a $575 electric utility energy subsidy for every eligible household in its 15 member communities.
Energy subsidies were issued at the $500 level by the NSEDC Board of Directors in 2008, 2012 and 2014. In 2015-2020, the NSEDC Board issued the energy subsidy at $575 per household, paying approximately $1.5 million to local electric utilities on behalf of residents each of those years. As in the past, those living off the electric power grid will be given the opportunity to receive a $575 heating fuel credit to the fuel vendor in their community. The subsidies issued over the nine years have saved households in NSEDC’s 15 member communities more than $14.8 million.
To receive the electric utility energy subsidy, households must sign up by submitting an application by March 19. As they have in the past, households will sign up directly with NSEDC and should see their savings in their monthly electric bills by mid-April. Recognizing the need for safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, NSEDC is offering residents the following opportunities to sign up for the 2021 NSEDC Energy Subsidy:
- Regional Residents (Residents) can complete and submit the 2021 NSEDC Energy Subsidy Application online.
- If you do not have access to the internet, Residents can pick up an application at the pick-up/drop-off location listed on the table below, and/or from the local liaison.
- Nome residents can pick up an application outside the Nome Joint Utilities System (NJUS) downtown office and drop off at the same location in the drop box outside the office.
- As in previous years, Residents who are in an apartment or rental situation and do not have their own electric utility account are eligible to participate in the Energy Subsidy by completing and submitting the Landlord/Tenant form. Please note that both the landlord and tenant must sign the form.
- The Landlord/Tenant form can be printed or can be picked from your community liaison (communities outside of Nome), or at the NJUS downtown office. Completed forms may be dropped off at your local pick-up/drop-off location or may be emailed Thomas Simonsson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those living off the electric power grid will be given the opportunity to receive a $575 heating fuel credit to the fuel vendor in their community. Please contact your local liaison or Thomas Simonsson at (800) 385-3190 or (907) 624-3190 for the proper form.
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, NSEDC highly encourages residents to sign up by submitting applications online at nsedc.com. The application deadline is March 19.
For more information on NSEDC’s 2021 Energy Subsidy, contact Community Development Coordinator Thomas Simonsson in Unalakleet at (800) 385-3190 or email@example.com.
Community Pick-up and Drop Box Locations for
PICK-UP & DROP BOX LOCATION
|Amanda Patrick & NJUS Staff
|Native Village of Wales
# # #