Norton Sound Economic Development Corporation (NSEDC) invests in residents’ education and career goals, understanding that strengthening individuals also strengthens our communities in ways that impact more than just economics. With economic development as our guide, NSEDC provides education, employment and training opportunities for the residents in our 15 member communities in a multitude of ways.
Our programs include:
– Growing Our Own Teachers
– Commercial Pilot Scholarship & Commercial Pilot Loan Repayment Program
– Commercial Driver License Scholarship
– Employment opportunities on vessels and land-based processing plants
– Community employment programs
– Internship Program
– Fisheries Safety Orientation Classes
– Community based trainings
– Norton Sound Seafood Products training
For more information contact: Leslie Ladegard at (907) 274-2248.