Since 2003, NSEDC has annually set aside money to contribute to regional efforts to fund programs, projects and activities benefiting member communities.
To be eligible to receive grant funding from NSEDC, an entity must be a municipal government, federally recognized tribal government, non-profit organization, or a local, state, or federal agency located in an NSEDC member community.
A total of 90% of the funds allocated annually to the Outside Entity Funding (OEF) program is divided equally between each NSEDC member community for projects conducted within that community. The remaining 10% of the funding pool will be reserved for project proposals from regional non-profit entities. Fisheries-related projects considered through NSEDC’s internal budget process will not utilize funds from the Outside Entity allocation, however there is nothing that would prohibit fisheries-related projects from being considered for funding through the community OEF process.
The deadline to submit 2017 Outside Entity Funding applications for fisheries-related project proposals is October 15, 2016. Proposals not related to fisheries must be submitted by January 15, 2017. Information on how and where to submit applications is included in the application packet linked below.
- 2017 Outside Entity Funding Application
- NSEDC Policies for Oversight of Funding for Outside Entities
For more information contact: Sterling Gologergen, Community Development Coordinator at 907.443.2477 or 888.650.2477.